Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love.









  If I could speak 
all the languages 
of earth and of angels


                               but didn’t love others, 


I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  




If I had the gift of prophecy
          and if I understood all of God’s secret plans 
                      and possessed ALL knowledge, 


      and if I had such faith that 


I could move mountains

but didn’t love others


I would be  
                                NOTHING 






If I gave everything I have to the poor 
and even sacrificed my body, 
I could boast about it;
but if I didn’t love others, 


I would have gained 


                               nothing.




  Love is patient and kind
Love is not jealous 
or boastful 
or proud 
or rude


It does NOT demand its own way. 
It is NOT irritable
and it keeps NO record of being wronged.  
                                        
                              It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the THE TRUTH WINS OUT.  

                                                                            Love never gives up,                                                       

                                                                            never loses faith
                                                                            
                                                                            is always hopeful
                                
                                                              and endures 

through every circumstance.
  

Three things will last forever


         faith, 


hope, 



and love—


    
and the greatest of these is 
love.



1 Corinthians 13:1-7, 13

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I got to read through this passage with Z this morning to start our Valentine's Day - such an amazing reminder of the definition of true love - so different from the way we often 'love' others! :) Love the pic you shared at the beginning, too! I want to make one when my kids are old & I have time to craft again. :) Also, your blog looks different! Simple! :)

    ReplyDelete